FT Online

Published:
2019-08-05 13:18:11 BdST

Four of a family injured in AC fire


Four members of a family, including two children, suffered serious burn injuries as an air conditioner caught fire in their house at Kathalbagan in the city early Monday.

The injured were identified as Moniruzzaman Liton, 42, a magician, his wife Maria FerdousTumpa, 27, their daughter Laiva, 8, and nine-month-old son Livan.

Raihanul Ashraf, senior station officer at Mohammadpur Fire Station, said the fire originated from the air conditioner after an electric short-circuit on the second floor of a four-storey building, leaving the four injured.

They were taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), he added.

Dr Partha Shankar Pal, a doctor at the DMCH Burn Unit, said Liton suffered 50 percent injuries while Tumpa 25 percent, Laiva 17 percent and Livan seven percent.

Unauthorized use or reproduction of The Finance Today content for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.


Popular Article from Exclusive